7 Smart tips for bathroom renovations
With decades of experience in bathroom renovations and custom cabinetry, we’ve gathered a few smart tips for bathroom remodeling! Here are our top 7 suggestions on what to consider when designing a new bathroom.
- Bathroom flooring is important and needs to withstand water well. Whether you choose wood, tiles or lino, colour can help add impact or light, especially in small bathroom renovations where a light colour will add space. There are so many options in this area, so talk to us and make an informed decision on flooring for your bathroom renovation.
- Shower or shower over the bath? A lot of people choose to do away with a bath especially in a small space, but if the shower is over the bath you get the best of both worlds, and a bath can also help with the resale of your property. There are a huge range of shower options from walk in to smaller showers so it helps to create a customised bathroom design to see how your preference will work.
- Bathroom bench space is always top priority for all the items you use each day. What product to use for your bathroom cabinet bench top is also important.
- Often the room itself will need to be expanded to be more open plan and add space. The toilet and bathroom will often combine to become one new room – or you may choose to do the opposite and split the toilet from the bathroom to add an extra room for extra privacy.
- Bathroom vanities are used in so many ways for putting items away that are used once every now and again or many times during the day. Customised bathroom cabinetry can really make the difference in creating a unique solution to this sometimes clunky area. Adding a custom built medicine cabinet is also a great way of hiding power points as well as other highly used items.
- Safe and accessible power points in a bathroom are a priority, and getting the right layout can take some organising when renovating. Well placed powerpoints can make all the difference to your daily routines so it’s important to get them right when you are planning the layout of the new bathroom design and renovation. Lighting and ventilation can also be changed to improve the overall effect of light and feel in the bathroom.
- Wall coverings in a bathroom are important to help keep this highly used room easier to clean and mould free. Tiling and painting are always popular choices for bathroom remodeling.
We pride ourselves on offering a personalised bathroom renovation service to our clients, and making a new bathroom project or bathroom renovation stress free – with a great result every time. Let us know when you are ready to talk!